WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) announced today the appointment of new members to the Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, Credit Union Advisory Council, and Academic Research Council.
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act charges the CFPB with establishing a Consumer Advisory Board to provide advice on a variety of consumer finance issues. Members of the Consumer Advisory Board represent the various districts of the Federal Reserve System. Each member appointed to the Consumer Advisory Board was recommended by a president of a Federal Reserve Bank.
In addition, the Community Bank Advisory Council and Credit Union Advisory Council advise and consult the CFPB on financial issues related to community banks and credit unions. The Academic Research Council engages on the strategic research planning process and research agenda, and provides feedback on research methodologies and collection strategies.
Members of the advisory boards and councils do not receive a salary, nor are they eligible to officially represent the CFPB or the Federal Reserve System. Their selection do not connote endorsement of their organizations.
Consumer Advisory Board
- Sol Anderson, President & CEO, Evanston Community Foundation (Evanston, IL) [7th District – Chicago]
- Watchen Harris Bruce, President & CEO, Baltimore Community Lending, Inc. (Baltimore, MD) [5th District – Richmond]
- Jorge Cruz, Executive Director-Greater Newark Office, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) (Newark, NJ) [2nd District – New York]
- Muneer Karcher-Ramos, Director, Office of Financial Empowerment, City of Saint Paul (Saint Paul, MN) [9th District – Minneapolis]
- Annika Korling Little, Managing Director, Asset Funders Network (Chicago, IL) [11th District – Dallas]
- Sarah B. Mancini, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center Atlanta, GA) [6th District – Atlanta]
- Markita Morris-Louis, CEO, Compass Working Capital (Philadelphia, PA) [3rd District – Philadelphia]
- Sarah Dieleman Perry, Director of Economic Opportunity, Neighborhood Allies (Pittsburgh, PA) [4th District – Cleveland]
- Rebecca Regan, Chief Executive Officer, Capital Link (Boston, MA) [1st District – Boston]
- Tyrone Roderick Williams, Chief Executive Officer, Fresno Housing Authority (Fresno, CA) [12th District – San Francisco]
- Paul Woodruff, Vice President of Community Development, St. Louis Community Credit Union (St. Louis, MO) [8th District – St. Louis]
Community Bank Advisory Council
- Anita Drentlaw, CEO/President/CFO, New Market Bank (Elko New Market, MN)
- Bruce A. Hoyer, CEO, Belt Valley Bank, (Belt, MT)
- Carlos P. Naudon, President & CEO, Ponce Bank and Ponce Financial Group, Inc. (Bronx, NY)
- Ignacio Urrabazo, Jr., President, Commerce Bank (Laredo, TX)
Credit Union Advisory Council
- Chad LaFlash, AVP Research & Product Strategy, University of Wisconsin Credit Union (Madison, WI)
- Floyd Rummel, III, CEO, Northern Hills Federal Credit Union (Sturgis, SD)
- Suzanne Weinstein, President & CEO, Orlando Credit Union (Orlando, FL)
- Shawn Wolbert, President / Chief Executive Officer, GHS Federal Credit Union (Binghamton, NY)
Academic Research Council
- Fenaba Rena Addo, Associate Professor, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Itzhak Ben-David, Neil Klatskin Chair in Finance and Real Estate, The Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio) and National Bureau of Economic Research (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- P. Dean Corbae, William Sellery Truckenbrod Chair in Finance and Professor of Economics, University of Wisconsin – Madison (Madison, WI)
- Benjamin J. Keys, Rowan Family Foundation Professor, Professor of Real Estate, Professor of Finance, The University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School (Philadelphia, PA)
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is a 21st century agency that helps consumer finance markets work by making rules more effective, by consistently and fairly enforcing those rules, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives. For more information, visit www.consumerfinance.gov.