EASA has issued its Research Agenda 2022-2024, which includes actions on safety and environmental protection, and additionally in the fields of field security, public health and economic intelligence.
The EASA Research Agenda aims to:
• support the development of new safety and security management concepts/methods/tools;
• investigate safety, security and environmental threats;
• support both proactive and reactive safety management;
• gain knowledge and data on novel products, technologies or types of operation in view of enabling a regulatory framework supporting innovation while increasing safety levels.
The Agenda covers:
• Targeted research actions for execution in the short-term in order to respond to identified gaps or open issues in aviation standards, regulations or policies.
• Long-term research topics to prepare key changes in aviation, e.g. emerging risks or trends, new business models, disruptive technologies
Official news published at https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/newsroom-and-events/news/easa-publishes-research-agenda-2022-2024